10 Most Compensated Healthcare Positions
Here are 42 statistics on median pay for various healthcare positions, many of which are found in hospitals.
Note: Data are based on median salaries from 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Median hospital CEO compensation was used from an October study in JAMA Internal Medicine.
1. Hospital CEO — $404,938
2. Physicians and surgeons — $166,400
3. Dentists — $146,920
4. Podiatrists — $118,030
5. Pharmacists — $111,570
6. Optometrists — $94,990
7. Physician assistants — $86,410
8. Physical therapists — $76,310
9. Radiation therapists — $74,980
10. Occupational therapists — $72,320
More Articles on Healthcare Compensation:
10 Latest Stories on Healthcare Executive Compensation
6 Best Practices for Nonprofit Hospitals Setting Executive Compensation
How Much Are Hospitals Paying Coders?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Physician organizations support new IPAB repeal legislationRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Glenn Eisen of The Oregon Clinic
- 2 case studies highlight the need for effective infection control to prevent HCV transmissions
- 1st Navio-assisted SIGMA High Performance Unicondylar Knee surgery successful
- Survey: 67% of seniors want to access health services from home & 7 other key findings
- 15 things to know about ASC valuation from HealthCare Appraisers' 2015 Survey