10 Most Compensated Healthcare Positions
Here are 42 statistics on median pay for various healthcare positions, many of which are found in hospitals.
Note: Data are based on median salaries from 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Median hospital CEO compensation was used from an October study in JAMA Internal Medicine.
1. Hospital CEO — $404,938
2. Physicians and surgeons — $166,400
3. Dentists — $146,920
4. Podiatrists — $118,030
5. Pharmacists — $111,570
6. Optometrists — $94,990
7. Physician assistants — $86,410
8. Physical therapists — $76,310
9. Radiation therapists — $74,980
10. Occupational therapists — $72,320
More Articles on Healthcare Compensation:
10 Latest Stories on Healthcare Executive Compensation
6 Best Practices for Nonprofit Hospitals Setting Executive Compensation
How Much Are Hospitals Paying Coders?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology
- Manhattan Spine & Pain now AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- United to Protect Democracy calls for investigation into White House's role in blocked Anthem, Cigna merger: 4 key notes
- Demand for HAI prevention, control measures spurring hand hygiene market growth: 4 things to know