10 Most Compensated Healthcare Positions
Here are 42 statistics on median pay for various healthcare positions, many of which are found in hospitals.
Note: Data are based on median salaries from 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Median hospital CEO compensation was used from an October study in JAMA Internal Medicine.
1. Hospital CEO — $404,938
2. Physicians and surgeons — $166,400
3. Dentists — $146,920
4. Podiatrists — $118,030
5. Pharmacists — $111,570
6. Optometrists — $94,990
7. Physician assistants — $86,410
8. Physical therapists — $76,310
9. Radiation therapists — $74,980
10. Occupational therapists — $72,320
More Articles on Healthcare Compensation:
10 Latest Stories on Healthcare Executive Compensation
6 Best Practices for Nonprofit Hospitals Setting Executive Compensation
How Much Are Hospitals Paying Coders?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Patients want to cost-compare with healthcare, but are they actually doing it? 5 key notesRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Anne Henkel of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Study: High intake of marine omega-3 oils lowers risk of certain CRC subtypes
- Otonomy names Dr. Dean Hakanson CMO
- MIS approach for colectomy patients results in short-& long-term cost savings, study finds
- 5 healthcare stocks that are hot right now