10 Most Compensated Healthcare Positions
Here are 42 statistics on median pay for various healthcare positions, many of which are found in hospitals.
Note: Data are based on median salaries from 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Median hospital CEO compensation was used from an October study in JAMA Internal Medicine.
1. Hospital CEO — $404,938
2. Physicians and surgeons — $166,400
3. Dentists — $146,920
4. Podiatrists — $118,030
5. Pharmacists — $111,570
6. Optometrists — $94,990
7. Physician assistants — $86,410
8. Physical therapists — $76,310
9. Radiation therapists — $74,980
10. Occupational therapists — $72,320
More Articles on Healthcare Compensation:
10 Latest Stories on Healthcare Executive Compensation
6 Best Practices for Nonprofit Hospitals Setting Executive Compensation
How Much Are Hospitals Paying Coders?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
How to measure success: Key thoughts from NFL legend Terry BradshawRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology