10 Most Compensated Healthcare Positions
Here are 42 statistics on median pay for various healthcare positions, many of which are found in hospitals.
Note: Data are based on median salaries from 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Median hospital CEO compensation was used from an October study in JAMA Internal Medicine.
1. Hospital CEO — $404,938
2. Physicians and surgeons — $166,400
3. Dentists — $146,920
4. Podiatrists — $118,030
5. Pharmacists — $111,570
6. Optometrists — $94,990
7. Physician assistants — $86,410
8. Physical therapists — $76,310
9. Radiation therapists — $74,980
10. Occupational therapists — $72,320
More Articles on Healthcare Compensation:
10 Latest Stories on Healthcare Executive Compensation
6 Best Practices for Nonprofit Hospitals Setting Executive Compensation
How Much Are Hospitals Paying Coders?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Which states need the most primary care physicians to end their shortage?Read Now
- Southern Medical Association names anesthesiologist Dr. Mark Williams president
- Bundled payments software start-up plans continues to grow with new hires
- Can probiotics reduce liver disease in cirrhosis patients? Study says yes
- Global cancer diagnostics market to reach $168.6B by 2020
- 6 ASCs celebrating 25+ years