Buying and Selling of Ambulatory Surgery Centers
This article focuses on buyers of majority interests in ambulatory surgery centers. Currently, there are three public company buyers of majority interests in ASCs, and four private company buyers that fit in this category. These are the companies that generally buy more than 50% in an ASC transaction – typically from 51-66%.
- Three of the principal public company buyers include:
- Medical Facilities Corporation
- Four of the principle private consolidators of majority interests of ASCs include:
- Meridian Surgical Partners
- National Surgical Care
- United Surgical Partners
- Symbion, Inc.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers