Buying and Selling of Ambulatory Surgery Centers
This article focuses on buyers of majority interests in ambulatory surgery centers. Currently, there are three public company buyers of majority interests in ASCs, and four private company buyers that fit in this category. These are the companies that generally buy more than 50% in an ASC transaction – typically from 51-66%.
- Three of the principal public company buyers include:
- Medical Facilities Corporation
- Four of the principle private consolidators of majority interests of ASCs include:
- Meridian Surgical Partners
- National Surgical Care
- United Surgical Partners
- Symbion, Inc.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Qui tam suits on the rise emphasizes need for ASC compliance plans
- To prevent patient leakage, turn to technology
- Real estate considerations for ASCs
- The Amazon.com for ASCs: Using collaborative consumption to improve the bottom line
- Lolo Jones shares lessons for overcoming failure at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting