60 Ambulatory Surgery Centers Opened in 2013
Note: This list is not comprehensive. If you would like to recommend a center to add to this list please contact Carrie Pallardy at email@example.com
• In late February, Kristina Tansavatdi, MD, opened the Tansavatdi Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Center in Westlake Village, Calif.
• In March, Children's Hospital Los Angeles opened an ambulatory surgery center in South Bay, Calif.
• In March, the multispecialty Observatory Surgery Center opened in Ukiah.
• Palomar Health's 7,600-square-foot, $45.5 million ambulatory care center in Ramona, Calif., opened in March.
• In July, LifeCenter Sacramento opened a new 7,500-square-foot multispecialty surgery center.
• In early December, Armen Vartany, MD, announced that Vartany Plastic Surgery Center opened in Burbank, Calif.
• Kaiser Permanente opened a multispecialty facility in Lone Tree, Colo., which includes an ambulatory surgery center.
• On July 11, Lasik Vision Institute announced the opening of an eye surgery center in Farmington, Conn.
• Merritt Healthcare, in partnership with 15 physicians, developed and now manages River Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center in Norwich, Conn. The ASC earned its state license and began operating in October.
• On May 30, Scott Farber, MD, announced the opening of Farber Plastic Surgery center in Boca Raton, Fla.
• Waccamaw (Fla.) Community Hospital opened a surgery center in spring 2013.
• On Oct. 7, Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery Center opened in Johns Creek.
• On Nov. 20, Thomas Eye Group, based in Atlanta, opened its new Sandy Springs location, which includes a surgery center and laser and oculoplastics clinic.
• In February, Skyline Surgery Center opened in Pocatello, Idaho.
• In early December, St. Luke's Health System, based in Boise, opened a $12 million surgery center on its Meridian campus.
• In January, St. Francis Hospital in Litchfield, dedicated its new $10.8 million, 16,000-square-foot surgery center.
• In June, Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon, opened its $9 million Surgical Center, which is a joint venture between the hospital, area physicians and United Surgical Partners International.
• In November, Lawrence County Memorial Hospital in Lawrenceville, cut the ribbon on a $4.3 million, 10,000-square-foot surgery center.
• In February, Surgicare founder Robert Knapp, MD, and associates opened the $7 million Surgicare of Wichita.
• In August, Great Plains Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery opened its new surgery center in Olathe.
• In May, Lexington (Ky.) Clinic opened the Endoscopy and Surgical Center of Lexington Clinic.
• In November, Vivere-Health and a group of physicians opened the joint venture Vivere-Audubon Surgery Center and in vitro fertilization laboratory in New Orleans.
• In July, Kaiser Permanente opened a multispecialty clinic in Largo, Md., which includes an ambulatory surgery center.
• Avera Medical Group Worthington (Minn.) opened a multispecialty ambulatory surgery center.
• In early April, River Oaks Hospital in Flowood, opened its freestanding Pediatric Surgery Center.
• In January, Heartland Health, based in St. Joseph, opened the Mosaic Life Care Plastic Surgery and Dermatology Center.
• Symbion Healthcare and St. Louis Surgery Center in partnership with three physicians opened the St. Louis Incontinence Institute in November.
• In March, Kalispell Regional Medical Center opened a $42 million four-story surgical center.
• In October, St. Joseph Hospital, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua opened a collaborative outpatient surgery center in Nashua.
• In early August, St. Joseph's Health System opened the 6,500-square-foot, two-operating room St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Pediatric SurgiCare Center in Fair Lawn.
• The Montiefiore Westchester Square ASC opened in New York in March.
• On March 25, Queens (N.Y.) Boulevard Endoscopy Center opened its doors to patients. The center is joint venture between Frontier Healthcare and Thomas Izquierdo, MD, and Azeem Khan, MD.
• In March, WNY Medical Management has recently completed an ASC in Buffalo, N.Y.
• On April 22, Neil Brodsky, MD, Donald Palmadessa, MD, Frontier Healthcare and a group of founding members opened Queens Endoscopy in Fresh Meadows, N.Y.
• In May, LASIK Vision Institute announced the opening of Long Island LASIK Eye Surgery Center in Garden City.
• In June, the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Syracuse, opened a new $90 million wing, which includes an outpatient surgery center.
• In August, Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, opened a new multispecialty ambulatory surgery center at its Suffern Medical Pavilion.
• In October, Rochester Ambulatory Surgery Center opened in Penfield.
• In November, Integrated Medical Professionals, a multispecialty physician group, opened Advanced Colon & Rectal Surgery Centers of New York in Melville.
• Frontier Endoscopy opened Flushing (N.Y.) Endoscopy Center.
• In February, Triangle Orthopedic Associates opened the $2.4 million Triangle Orthopedics Surgery Center in Brier Creek.
• In March, Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic and Rex Healthcare announced the opening of the joint venture Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center.
• In April, six physicians of University Suburban Hospital Center in Cleveland, Physicians Endoscopy and Cedar-Brainard Surgery Center opened the joint venture University Suburban Endoscopy Center in South Euclid.
• In July, Lake Health opened its Bariatric Surgery Center in Cleveland.
• In September, Jorge Garcia-Zuazaga, MD, opened the Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center in Solon.
• On May 6, Jane Phillips Medical Center in Bartlesville, opened its new 11,000-square-foot outpatient surgery center
• In September, Nemours DuPont Pediatrics officially opened a new outpatient facility and surgery center located near Bryn Mawr (Pa.) Hospital.
• In October, Allegheny (Pa.) Health System announced the opening of a surgery center in Monroeville.
• In December, David Ditsworth, MD, a board-certified neurosurgeon, announced the opening of Philadelphia Surgery Center, which offers outpatient spine procedures.
• Kent Hospital and Seavest Healthcare Properties opened the Kent Hospital ASC in Warwick, R.I.
• On July 9, LASIK Vision Institute announced the opening of Nashville LASIK Eye Surgery Center in Brentwood, Tenn.
• In October, Johnson City (Tenn.) Medical Center opened a $63 million surgery center. The facility includes 16 operating rooms and 48 pre- and postoperative patient bays.
• In February, Hays Surgery Center, the first outpatient facility in Kyle, Texas, opened.
• In March, Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center in Waco, announced the opening of its new outpatient orthopedic surgery center.
• In August, Laser Spine Institute, based in Tampa, Fla., opened an outpatient surgery center in The Woodlands, Texas.
• In October, Harris Health has opened a $63 million, 80,000-square-foot outpatient center next to its B. Johnson Hospital in Houston. The new facility includes a surgery center and many specialty services.
• On Oct. 14, Physician Partners of America announced the opening of the Precinct Line Ambulatory Surgery Center in Hurst, Texas.
• In November, Vivere-Health and Kenneth Moghdam, MD, opened the Vivere-Austin Surgery Center, which includes two operating rooms, an andrology laboratory and in vitro fertilization laboratory.
• In May 18, Hoopes Vision opened EyeSurg of Utah, an ambulatory surgery center in Draper.
• In June, Intermountain Healthcare and Sanpete Valley Hospital opened a new surgery center in Mt. Pleasant.
More ASC Lists:
16 Ambulatory Surgery Centers With 10+ Specialties
235 People in the ASC Industry to Know
50 ASC Management & Development Companies to Watch in 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AmSurg physician services' revenue up 46%, Nobilis Q1 revenue hits $13.4M & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 30 things for ASC leaders to know for May
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know