17% of Gastroenterologists Participate in ACOs, 9% More Plan To Next Year
Medscape Gastroenterologist Compensation Report: 2013.
In last year's report, only 11 percent said they participated in an ACO or planned to join one. This year 26 percent say they are part of an ACO or plan to join one in the coming year. As healthcare reimbursement becomes less certain, 4 percent of gastroenterologists report being in cash-only practices and 3 percent are in concierge practices.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Have Gastroenterologists Stopped Taking Medicare?
5 Recent GI Center Openings, Plans & Expansions
Colonoscopy Could Prevent 40% Colon Cancer Cases, Study Says
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About