When Lap-Bands Fail, Bariatric Surgeon Succeeds With Gastric Sleeve Revision
With lap-band surgery failing to induce weight loss in a growing number of patients, a Dallas bariatric surgeon said he has been successfully using gastric sleeve revision surgery for them, according to a report by San Francisco Chronicle.
David Kim, MD, said some lap-band surgeries have failed to provide sufficient restriction without swallowing difficulty after the patient eats a small amount of food.
He said patients with failed lap-bands have had excellent results with gastric sleeve revision surgery, losing more than 65 percent of their excess weight.
Read the San Francisco Chronicle report on gastric sleeve revisions for failed lap-bands.
Related Articles on Gastric Banding:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Status quo is the biggest competitor for Dan Coholan
- 3 legislative changes for ASCs leaders to note — Jan. 20, 2017
- Drug-resistant tuberculosis alarms health officials — 4 notes
- Preventing & combating healthcare fraud: An ongoing process for ASCs
- Dr. Thomas Frieden talks opioids, antibiotic resistance & more with MedPage Today during final days at CDC