When Lap-Bands Fail, Bariatric Surgeon Succeeds With Gastric Sleeve Revision
With lap-band surgery failing to induce weight loss in a growing number of patients, a Dallas bariatric surgeon said he has been successfully using gastric sleeve revision surgery for them, according to a report by San Francisco Chronicle.
David Kim, MD, said some lap-band surgeries have failed to provide sufficient restriction without swallowing difficulty after the patient eats a small amount of food.
He said patients with failed lap-bands have had excellent results with gastric sleeve revision surgery, losing more than 65 percent of their excess weight.
Read the San Francisco Chronicle report on gastric sleeve revisions for failed lap-bands.
Related Articles on Gastric Banding:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgery Partners acquires Riverside Pain Physicians; Cantor Fitzgerald analyst claims AmSurg's latest merger leaves its ASC business' future hanging in the balance & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 6 best injection practices for your healthcare facility
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: June 20 — June 24
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hemant Roy of Boston Medical Center
- Dr. Paul Levy joins Mountain Medical Associates: 3 points