When Lap-Bands Fail, Bariatric Surgeon Succeeds With Gastric Sleeve Revision
With lap-band surgery failing to induce weight loss in a growing number of patients, a Dallas bariatric surgeon said he has been successfully using gastric sleeve revision surgery for them, according to a report by San Francisco Chronicle.
David Kim, MD, said some lap-band surgeries have failed to provide sufficient restriction without swallowing difficulty after the patient eats a small amount of food.
He said patients with failed lap-bands have had excellent results with gastric sleeve revision surgery, losing more than 65 percent of their excess weight.
Read the San Francisco Chronicle report on gastric sleeve revisions for failed lap-bands.
Related Articles on Gastric Banding:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Spring Creek Surgical Center receives AAAHC accreditation
- From physician to billionaire: Dr. Keith Dunleavy’s net worth tops $1B with healthcare data analytics firm
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: May 16 – May 20
- 6 points of contention between Anthem & Cigna: Will it derail the merger?
- FDA clears Avantis Medical's Third Eye Panoramic for reuse after colonoscopy: 5 notes