What Role Can Vitamin D Play in CRC Survival Rate?
The study split participants into three tertiles based on vitamin D level. Overall mortality rate was nearly a third lower in the highest tertile than in the lowest.
Though the link between vitamin D and colorectal cancer survival rates is conceivable, researchers are certain more evidence is needed before recommending vitamin D as a regular supplement for colorectal cancer patients.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
8 Things to Know: FMT for C. Diff Infection Safe in Immunocompromised Patients
4 GI Practices Making Headlines
Transitioning From GI Office-Based Practice to ASC: 4 Blunders to Avoid
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Tenet shares jump 2.1%, Nobilis Health ranks as key vendor in global neurosurgery market & more — 5 ASC company notes
- 4 GI devices receive FDA clearance in January 2017
- Study: ACA did not impact employment rates through 2016
- CDC: 2016-2017 flu vaccine offers moderate protection
- Molina attributes $91M Q4 net loss to ACA marketplace: 4 highlights