What Role Can Vitamin D Play in CRC Survival Rate?
The study split participants into three tertiles based on vitamin D level. Overall mortality rate was nearly a third lower in the highest tertile than in the lowest.
Though the link between vitamin D and colorectal cancer survival rates is conceivable, researchers are certain more evidence is needed before recommending vitamin D as a regular supplement for colorectal cancer patients.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
8 Things to Know: FMT for C. Diff Infection Safe in Immunocompromised Patients
4 GI Practices Making Headlines
Transitioning From GI Office-Based Practice to ASC: 4 Blunders to Avoid
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Global endoscopy systems market to reach $6.1B by 2020Read Now
- Joint Commission, National Quality Forum give 3 patient safety, quality awards
- Foundation HealthCare CEO to present at the ROTH Capital Partners 27th Annual Growth Stock Conference
- FDA clears 4 GI/endoscopy devices in February
- UCLA patient sues Olympus, Boston Scientific product earns FDA clearance & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hashem El-Serag of Baylor College of Medicine