What Role Can Vitamin D Play in CRC Survival Rate?
The study split participants into three tertiles based on vitamin D level. Overall mortality rate was nearly a third lower in the highest tertile than in the lowest.
Though the link between vitamin D and colorectal cancer survival rates is conceivable, researchers are certain more evidence is needed before recommending vitamin D as a regular supplement for colorectal cancer patients.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
8 Things to Know: FMT for C. Diff Infection Safe in Immunocompromised Patients
4 GI Practices Making Headlines
Transitioning From GI Office-Based Practice to ASC: 4 Blunders to Avoid
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in