Value-Based Payments: 6 Important Dates for Gastroenterologists to Know
Roadmap to the Future of GI Toolbox.
• Spring 2014 to Sept. 30, 2014. Period to participate in the Physician Quality Reporting System to avoid payment penalties in 2016.
• Jan. 1, 2015. Payment will be adjusted based on value-based payment modifiers for groups of 100 or more physicians (based on 2013 performance).
• February 2015. Estimated deadline to submit claims-based reporting for the 2014 PQRS reporting period.
• March 2015. Estimated deadline to submit registry-based reporting via the AGA Digestive Health Recognition Program.
• August 2015. CMS sends QRURs to all physician groups and solo practitioners.
• Jan. 1, 2016. Payment is adjusted based on VBPM for physicians in groups of 10 to 99 and groups of 100 or more (based on 2014 performance).
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
ACG Releases New Idiosyncratic Drug-Induced Liver Injury Guidelines
GI in the News: 5 Gastroenterologists Making Headlines
11 Years of Colonoscopy Utilization & Outcomes: 7 Points to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
27 gastroenterologists receive ASGE awardsRead Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today