Value-Based Payments: 6 Important Dates for Gastroenterologists to Know
Roadmap to the Future of GI Toolbox.
• Spring 2014 to Sept. 30, 2014. Period to participate in the Physician Quality Reporting System to avoid payment penalties in 2016.
• Jan. 1, 2015. Payment will be adjusted based on value-based payment modifiers for groups of 100 or more physicians (based on 2013 performance).
• February 2015. Estimated deadline to submit claims-based reporting for the 2014 PQRS reporting period.
• March 2015. Estimated deadline to submit registry-based reporting via the AGA Digestive Health Recognition Program.
• August 2015. CMS sends QRURs to all physician groups and solo practitioners.
• Jan. 1, 2016. Payment is adjusted based on VBPM for physicians in groups of 10 to 99 and groups of 100 or more (based on 2014 performance).
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
ACG Releases New Idiosyncratic Drug-Induced Liver Injury Guidelines
GI in the News: 5 Gastroenterologists Making Headlines
11 Years of Colonoscopy Utilization & Outcomes: 7 Points to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
GI physician leader to know: Dr. Faisal Bhinder of Capital Digestive CareRead Now
- An Untapped Market: How Marrick Medical Finance is making it possible for ASCs to increase patient volume
- MEDNAX acquires MEMAC Associates
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Faisal Bhinder of Capital Digestive Care
- Steroid use increases risk of VTE significantly in IBD patients, study says
- As audits approach, NueMD launches webinars on compliance