U.S. Multisociety Task Force Issues New Colonoscopy Surveillance Guidelines
The U.S. Multisociety Task Force — comprised of representatives of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy — has issued new colonoscopy surveillance guidelines, according to a news release.
The full guidelines can be found by clicking here.
The new guidelines make a number of recommendations and also speak to "murky areas" related to colorectal cancer screening.
The guidelines were originally published in 2006.
Related Articles on Colorectal Cancer:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
The biggest threats to success in the GI fieldRead Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014