U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers Tours Raleigh Endoscopy Center
During her tour, Rep. Ellmers observed an endoscopy and discussed healthcare issues with the staff. Administrator Annette Smith, Stephen Furs, MD, and Michael Brody, MD, guided Rep. Ellmers through the center.
"From my experience, ambulatory surgery centers are much more efficient than hospitals," said Rep. Ellmers.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Colorectal Cancer Screening Cost-Effective for Older Adults: 6 Things to Know
5 GI/Endoscopy Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in May
GI in the News: 5 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Global cancer diagnostics market to reach $168.6B by 2020Read Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014