U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers Tours Raleigh Endoscopy Center
During her tour, Rep. Ellmers observed an endoscopy and discussed healthcare issues with the staff. Administrator Annette Smith, Stephen Furs, MD, and Michael Brody, MD, guided Rep. Ellmers through the center.
"From my experience, ambulatory surgery centers are much more efficient than hospitals," said Rep. Ellmers.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Colorectal Cancer Screening Cost-Effective for Older Adults: 6 Things to Know
5 GI/Endoscopy Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in May
GI in the News: 5 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
UCLA patient sues Olympus, Boston Scientific product earns FDA clearance & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notesRead Now
- Joint Commission, National Quality Forum give 3 patient safety, quality awards
- Foundation HealthCare CEO to present at the ROTH Capital Partners 27th Annual Growth Stock Conference
- FDA clears 4 GI/endoscopy devices in February
- UCLA patient sues Olympus, Boston Scientific product earns FDA clearance & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hashem El-Serag of Baylor College of Medicine