Top 15 GI Diagnoses Leading to Outpatient Visits
Burden of Gastrointestinal Disease in the United States report.
Diagnosis and number of visits
1. GERD: 8.86 million
2. Abdominal pain: 7.17 million
3. Gastroenteritis and dyspepsia: 4.01 million
4. Constipation: 3.98 million
5. Abdominal wall hernia: 3.56 million
6. Diverticular disease: 2.68 million
7. Diarrhea: 2.4 million
8. Inflammatory bowel disease: 1.89 million
9. Colorectal neoplasm: 1.74 million
10. Nausea and vomiting: 1.68 million
11. Rectal bleeding: 1.67 million
12. Irritable colon: 1.55 million
13. Hepatitis C: 1.23 million
14. Hemorroids: 1.07 million
15. Dysphagia: 1.02 million
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Mayo Clinic Health System Adds Dr. Christian Mendez
3 Ways to Prepare for the Future of GI
4 Things to Know About Racial Disparity in Colorectal Cancer Treatment
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
The Growing Role of Biologics in GastroenterologyRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers