Tennessee endoscopy centers partner with MDSave for colonoscopy bundled pricing: 5 key points
heraldonline report. Here are five things to know about the pilot program and its participants.
1. Through the partnership with MDSave, Associated Endoscopy in Hermitage, Tenn., and St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center in Nashville, Tenn., will offer a fixed rate for colonoscopy to high-deductible, self-pay and underinsured patients. The pilot program's bundled price will include all costs associated with the procedure, including any biopsies.
2. "Raising awareness about the benefits of colonoscopy is important, but without easy-to-understand pricing, there are many individuals who will not schedule the procedure simply because they cannot afford it. With this pilot program, we are able to overcome yet another barrier in colon cancer prevention," said Antonio Granda, MD, a physician at St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center, in the report.
3. In Nashville, uninsured patients pay an average of $5,000 for a colonoscopy and high-deductible patients pay an average of $3,000, according to the report. The new pilot program will offer a bundled rate of $1,795.
4. MDSave also has a partnership with Digestive Disease Specialists in Oklahoma City for colonoscopy bundled pricing. The Brentwood, Tenn.-based company was launched in 2012. It offers consumers access to an online resource for comparing and purchasing healthcare services.
5. Associated Endoscopy and St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center plan to introduce bundled pricing for other procedures in addition to colonoscopy.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Young gastroenterologists: the essential skills to thrive in healthcare today
6 recent GI field partnerships
8 endoscopy center administrators to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
How to impact revenue and profitability in the changing GI endoscopy marketRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting