Tennessee endoscopy centers partner with MDSave for colonoscopy bundled pricing: 5 key points
1. Through the partnership with MDSave, Associated Endoscopy in Hermitage, Tenn., and St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center in Nashville, Tenn., will offer a fixed rate for colonoscopy to high-deductible, self-pay and underinsured patients. The pilot program's bundled price will include all costs associated with the procedure, including any biopsies.
2. "Raising awareness about the benefits of colonoscopy is important, but without easy-to-understand pricing, there are many individuals who will not schedule the procedure simply because they cannot afford it. With this pilot program, we are able to overcome yet another barrier in colon cancer prevention," said Antonio Granda, MD, a physician at St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center, in the report.
3. In Nashville, uninsured patients pay an average of $5,000 for a colonoscopy and high-deductible patients pay an average of $3,000, according to the report. The new pilot program will offer a bundled rate of $1,795.
4. MDSave also has a partnership with Digestive Disease Specialists in Oklahoma City for colonoscopy bundled pricing. The Brentwood, Tenn.-based company was launched in 2012. It offers consumers access to an online resource for comparing and purchasing healthcare services.
5. Associated Endoscopy and St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center plan to introduce bundled pricing for other procedures in addition to colonoscopy.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Young gastroenterologists: the essential skills to thrive in healthcare today
6 recent GI field partnerships
8 endoscopy center administrators to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- NCI scientists reverse a woman's colon cancer with immunotherapy: 5 research insights
- Somnia Anesthesia releases resource paper on management models: 3 things to know
- 5 healthcare technology trends taking center stage in 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Kumar Gutta of Gastroenterology Associates of North Texas
- Southeastern Interventional Pain Associates accredited by AAAHC: 3 things to know