Tennessee endoscopy centers partner with MDSave for colonoscopy bundled pricing: 5 key points
heraldonline report. Here are five things to know about the pilot program and its participants.
1. Through the partnership with MDSave, Associated Endoscopy in Hermitage, Tenn., and St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center in Nashville, Tenn., will offer a fixed rate for colonoscopy to high-deductible, self-pay and underinsured patients. The pilot program's bundled price will include all costs associated with the procedure, including any biopsies.
2. "Raising awareness about the benefits of colonoscopy is important, but without easy-to-understand pricing, there are many individuals who will not schedule the procedure simply because they cannot afford it. With this pilot program, we are able to overcome yet another barrier in colon cancer prevention," said Antonio Granda, MD, a physician at St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center, in the report.
3. In Nashville, uninsured patients pay an average of $5,000 for a colonoscopy and high-deductible patients pay an average of $3,000, according to the report. The new pilot program will offer a bundled rate of $1,795.
4. MDSave also has a partnership with Digestive Disease Specialists in Oklahoma City for colonoscopy bundled pricing. The Brentwood, Tenn.-based company was launched in 2012. It offers consumers access to an online resource for comparing and purchasing healthcare services.
5. Associated Endoscopy and St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center plan to introduce bundled pricing for other procedures in addition to colonoscopy.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Young gastroenterologists: the essential skills to thrive in healthcare today
6 recent GI field partnerships
8 endoscopy center administrators to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington GastroenterologyRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly