Specialists Urge Close Lymphoma Screening for Celiac Patients Due to High Risk
Researchers found of the 1,285 adults with celiac disease treated at Columbia University's Celiac Disease Center between 1981 and 2010, 40 also were diagnosed with a lymphoproliferative disorder. The risk that celiac sufferers will develop a lymphoproliferative disorder was 6.5 times greater than the general population.
Related Articles about Celiac Disease:
Celiac Disease Treatment Differs Between Physicians and Academics
Celiac Cases Rising, Cause Unknown
Mayo Clinic Gastroenterologist Details Role of Endoscopic Imaging in Small Bowel
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CDC chief fears deadly Candida auris could spread: 6 notes
- Survey says 33% of providers using telehealth services
- Payer group advocates for continuing cost sharing reductions — 4 key notes
- The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety adds associate editors
- Northwest Ohio Orthopedics & Sports Medicine opening surgery center: 4 key notes