South Carolina Surgery Center Receives ASGE Recognition
The Outpatient Surgery Center of Hilton Head (S.C.) has been recognized under the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program, according to a report in the Beaufort Gazette.
To achieve this ASGE designation, a center must demonstrate the adoption of quality-related ASGE and CDC guidelines as unit policy and have one representative complete an ASGE course specifically designed to review these concepts, according to the ASGE Web site. The award is granted for a three-year period, and each recognized center enjoys benefits, such as the right to display an "ASGE Recognized Unit" logo on company materials and access to advice from reprocessing experts, as part of the award.
The Outpatient Surgery Center of Hilton Head is one of only 124 centers in the U.S. and one of only three in South Carolina to receive this recognition, according to the report.
Read the Gazette's post about the Outpatient Surgery Center of Hilton Head's ASGE recognition.
See the complete list of the 2009 ASGE Unit Recognition Program honorees.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Thursday
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association