Preventing Colorectal Cancer Names Dr. Aasma Shaukat 2014 Champion of Colorectal Cancer Prevention
Preventing Colorectal Cancer, a not-for-profit advocacy group, announced its 2014 PCC Champion Awards for Colorectal Cancer Prevention, including Aasma Shaukat, MD, a gastroenterologist and clinical researcher with Minneapolis VA Medical Center.
Dr. Shaukat was recognized for her work in colorectal cancer advocacy and clinical research.
Other 2014 Champions include:
• Cambia Health Solutions
• Chris4Life Colon Cancer Foundation
• Greater Chattanooga Colon Cancer Foundation
Preventing Colorectal Cancer established the Champion of Colorectal Cancer Prevention honor in 2011.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month: 7 Highlights to Know
11 Statistics on Liver Disease & Pancreatitis in the U.S.
18 Statistics on Gastroenterologist Compensation in 2012 vs. 2011
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Dr. Mihir Patel joins West Tennessee GastroRead Now
- Patient safety tool: Qualis Health's online toolkit for engaging patients in infection control
- 18 Sheridan anesthesiologists to serve on Florida Society of Anesthesiology's board of directors
- Board-administrator relationship is important: Q&A with Longmont Surgery Center's Angie Blankinship
- Health Net allows knee, hip replacement in select California ASCs
- Dr. John T. Moor featured in hip replacement article