PQRS Financial Impact on GI: What Do Gastroenterologists Need to Know?
The American Gastroenterological Association released a series of tools designed to help gastroenterologists thrive in the changing healthcare environment. Here are three important dates and three important financial considerations to know about PQRS and how it will affect gastroenterologists.
• Spring 2014. Submit data for 2013 reporting period to avoid 1.5 percent payment cut in 2015
• February 2015. Estimated deadline to submit claims for 2014 PQRS reporting period
• March 2015. Estimated deadline to submit registry-based reporting via AGA Digestive Health Recognition Program
• 1.5 percent payment cut. Physicians who fail to report 2013 PQRS measures will face a 1.5 percent payment cut in 2015.
• 2 percent payment cut. Physicians who fail to report 2014 PQRS measures will face a 2 percent payment cut in 2016.
• 0.5 percent incentive payment. Physicians participating in the 2013 reporting period will receive a 0.5 percent incentive payment based on total estimated allowed charges for Medicare Part B FFS. Physicians will receive an additional 0.5 percent increase for completing the maintenance of certification program.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
4 Statistics on Colorectal Cancer in 2014
Digestive Endoscopy Center Wins Integrity Award
GI in the News: 6 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
GI physician leader to know: Dr. Ronald Vender of Yale School of MedicineRead Now
- 15 eye centers achieve Cataract Innovator status
- Biggest hazards facing ASCs: 3 leaders share opinions
- 15 statistics on net worth for physicians: Orthopedics, urology, gastroenterology
- Johns Hopkins moves to stop procedures that are performed infrequently: 4 things to know
- Global ambulatory care services market expected to grow from 2015-2022: 4 things to know