Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
launched its ENDOCAPSULE 10 System, designed for small capsule endoscopy procedures.
Approximately 137,850 outpatient capsule endoscopies were performed in the United States in 2012, according to Truven Health. Olympus’s 510(k) cleared, minimally invasive system aims to improve diagnostic capability, efficiency and patient comfort.
“The system can help facilities fulfill the requirements of healthcare reform aimed at improving quality of care, decreasing costs and enhancing patient satisfaction,” said Luke Calcraft, president of the Medical Systems Group at Olympus, according to the report.
Here are four features of the ENDOCAPSULE 10 System.
- 160 degree field of view
- 12-hour battery life
- 3-D tracking function
- Recording unit that can be worn over clothing
5 Highlights to Look for at Digestive Disease Week
How Can Gastroenterologists Keep Up With Quality Reporting Requirements?
Greenwood Endoscopy Center Acquires EVIS EXERA III-190 Endoscopes
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Mount Sinai Health System receives $3M to open IBD centerRead Now
- 3 ways to trim down ASC business office costs for more powerful revenue cycle management strategy
- Mobile health technology — 6 key notes for ASC leaders
- What is important for ASC leaders to know today? 3 key thoughts from Susan Kizirian
- Emory's "Team Ebola" to receive patient safety award
- 5 parasites that have travelled the world