Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
launched its ENDOCAPSULE 10 System, designed for small capsule endoscopy procedures.
Approximately 137,850 outpatient capsule endoscopies were performed in the United States in 2012, according to Truven Health. Olympus’s 510(k) cleared, minimally invasive system aims to improve diagnostic capability, efficiency and patient comfort.
“The system can help facilities fulfill the requirements of healthcare reform aimed at improving quality of care, decreasing costs and enhancing patient satisfaction,” said Luke Calcraft, president of the Medical Systems Group at Olympus, according to the report.
Here are four features of the ENDOCAPSULE 10 System.
- 160 degree field of view
- 12-hour battery life
- 3-D tracking function
- Recording unit that can be worn over clothing
5 Highlights to Look for at Digestive Disease Week
How Can Gastroenterologists Keep Up With Quality Reporting Requirements?
Greenwood Endoscopy Center Acquires EVIS EXERA III-190 Endoscopes
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Physicians at the helm: creating a culture of gastroenterologist leadership in ASCs & endoscopy centersRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why