Olympus Launches HD Single-Channel Gastroscope for Upper GI Procedures: 5 Things to Know
1. The GIF-1TH190 is the first one-channel therapeutic gastrointestinal videoscope with HD observation capabilities. The device is 510(k) cleared and designed for use in upper GI endoscopy or endoscopic surgery in the upper digestive tract.
2. The scope has narrow band imaging capabilities, as well as HD capability. It is designed to provide physicians with enhanced imaging and resolution for screening and diagnosis purposes. The scope has a 3.7 mm working channel for therapeutic work.
3. The scope is designed to be slimmer than its predecessors. The GIF-1TH190 is 10 mm at the distal end, 0.9 mm slimmer than previous generations. It also has 2mm to 100 mm depth of field for close examination of the mucosa.
4. The GIF-1TH190 has a forward water jet, as well as a waterproof one-touch connector. The connector feature is designed to reduce the risk of fluid invasion and eliminate the need for a water-resistant cap.
5. The scope is compatible with the EVIS EXERA III universal platform. The scope was displayed at Digestive Disease Week in Chicago.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
ACGT, AGA, ASGE Meet With CMS to Discuss GI Value & Reimbursement: 4 Things to Know
The 3 Most Exciting Advances in Endoscope Reprocessing
4 Statistics on Colorectal Cancer Screening by State
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AmSurg Q2 earnings per share predicted at $1.20, Nobilis creates bundled payment initiative & more — 6 key notes
- 9 new ASCs and outpatient surgery centers in April 2016
- Joint Commission updates stance on texting orders
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: April 25 - April 29
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences elects Dr. John Carethers: 4 things to know