New York's Upstate University Hospital to Relocate Central New York Bariatric Surgery Center
Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse, N.Y., has moved its Central New York Bariatric Surgery Center to its community campus to keep up with patient demand, according to a Greater Binghamton Business Journal report.
The bariatric surgery center is now housed in 4,500 square feet of space at the Physician's Office Building in Onondaga. It had been in 1,800 square feet at the Institute for Human Performance in Syracuse.
Upstate expects the center to perform 500 bariatric surgeries this year, the most since it opened in 2002. The center's surgical offerings include laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and gastric-sleeve resection surgeries.
Related Articles on GI/Endoscopy ASCs:
U.S. Endoscopy Launches Transport Pad
FL's Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children Opens Feeding Difficulties Center
Gastroenterologist Dr. Gaston Saliou Diallo Retires
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions