Medivators Launches New Flushing Device for Improved Polyp Detection: 4 Features to Know
launched the JET PREP Endoscopic Flushing Device. Here are four key features of the device.
1. The novel irrigation and suction device is designed to clear and remove debris during a colonoscopy, thus improving visualization and polyp detection.
2. The JET PREP is designed to reduce the need for repeat colonoscopies due to poor bowel preparation. "This small device can have an enormous impact on improving colon cancer detection and saving lives. Importantly, the JET PREP device can reduce the cost of colonoscopy caused by poor preparation as it eliminates the need for repeat examinations," said Medivators Endoscopy Group President Don Byrne.
3. The device is used in conjunction with a standard flexible scope for cleansing the GI tract before and during GI procedures. The device can also be used in cases of GI bleeding, emergency colonoscopy and food impaction.
4. The device has a high-powered, patented spraying feature that can break down obstructions caused by food impaction and help physicians quickly identify the sources of GI bleeding through flushing and evacuation.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
AGA Technology Summit: 4 Key Takeaways
75 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors in 2014
Value-Based Payments: 6 Important Dates for Gastroenterologists to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Dr. Yvette Tache of David Geffen School of Medicine wins Middleton AwardRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Bergein Overholt of Gastrointestinal Associates
- 13 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- DDW highlights: 3 GI physicians on what excited them most
- Dr. Lawrence Lavine travels to Guatemala on medical mission trip — 4 quick facts
- Pre-surgery MRSA decontamination drives down SSI rate in elective orthopedic procedures — 5 key notes