MEDARVA Stony Point Surgery Center performs 30 free colonoscopies for patients in need
The procedures were provided as a part of an event called "Bringing Up the Rear." Stony Point Surgery Center partnered with Access Now and Hitting Cancer Below the Belt to bring the even to fruition. Access Now hopes to expand the program to three or four times per year.
More articles on gastroenterology:
10 endoscopy centers earn 2013/2014 APEX Quality Award
6 GI practices making headlines
Second chances: Would gastroenterologists still choose the same field?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Zika has a code in ICD-10: 3 notes
- SwervePay earns $10M in funding — 4 observations
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Dahlia Awais of Minnesota Gastroenterology
- Dr. David Ahlquist: Cologuard could be an alternative to colonoscopy — 5 notes
- 74% of anesthesiologists sued for care at outpatient clinics: 7 statistics on work setting & lawsuit risk