Mayo Clinic Mankato location moves forward with $70M health system expansion: 4 things to know
Mankato, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic Health System is adding a $70 million gastrointestinal endoscopy-facing expansion to its campus, The Mankato Free Press reports.
Here's what's you should know.
1. Mayo is adding a $65 million surgical suite and a gastrointestinal endoscopy center to the hospital's second floor. Mayo will also expand and renovate the campus' orthopedic and sports medicine clinic.
2. Contractors will begin constructing the surgical suite in late 2017, with an anticipated late 2018 completion. The health system believes it will complete the renovation in the first quarter of 2018.
3. Mayo Clinic Health System Vice President James Hebl, MD, said the expansion will allow Mayo to become a medical hub in the region.
4. Dr. Hebl said to the Free Press, "The intent of these projects is to invest in our patients, our staff and the needs of the community."
More articles on gastroenterology/endoscopy:
LifeBond enrolling patients in LifeSeal surgical sealant study: 4 key notes
GI leader to know: Dr. Sam Moussa of Adobe Gastroenterology
5 ways CMS changes are affecting reimbursement for ASCs, anesthesia practices and providers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- BioSpine Institute adds Dr. M. Nicholas Perenich: 4 takeaways
- Anthem threatens to leave exchanges, implement double-digit premiums if subsidies end
- Opioid abuse drops when providers check patients' past prescriptions: 4 things to know
- AMA implores Congress to reject amended Republican healthcare bill: 4 notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. James Schnell of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists