Island Digestive Health Center Officially Opens in New York: 5 Things to Know
1. Island Digestive Health Center is a partnership between Physicians Endoscopy and five physicians: Babak Danesh, MD; James Kohlroser, DO; Kourosh Adhami, MD; Neil Lobo, MD; and Krishnaiyer Subramani, MD. Dr. Adhami, Dr. Lobo, Dr. Danesh and Dr. Kohlroser are in practice with Island Digestive Disease Consultants. Dr. Subramani also practices in West Islip.
2. Island Digestive Health Center is a 6,750-square foot endoscopic ambulatory surgery center with three procedure rooms. "We have been very pleased with Physician Endoscopy's ability to help organize, coordinate and execute a strategy to bring together our two practices in this joint ventured relationship," said medical director Dr. Danesh, in a news release.
3. Island Digestive Health Center saw its first patients on June 2. The center is licensed by the state of New York and will undergo the Joint Commission accreditation process within the next few weeks.
4. With the opening of Island Digestive Health Center, Physicians Endoscopy now operates 31 partnered facilities in 13 states. "Working with the physicians and learning about their commitment to their community has been very rewarding," said Physicians Endoscopy COO Frank Principati in the news release. The company expects to open several additional facilities within the next six months.
5. Island Digestive Health Center earned certificate of need approval in 2013. Physicians Endoscopy has helped physicians in other CON states open endoscopy centers. In late 2013, the company and five physician partners received preliminary approval for the construction of the Greater Gaston Center in North Carolina. The initial CON application was filed in 2010 and met with conditional approval in 2011, but CaroMont Health filed an appeal of the decision claiming a new endoscopy center would cause it significant financial detriment. After three years, the North Carolina Court of Appeals has denied CaroMont's claim. The center now has a tentative opening date in 2014.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
26 GI/Endoscopy Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in 2014
U.S. Endoscopy Releases New Snare
How EHR Contributes to GI Center Value: Clinical Quality & Profitability
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA
- Should Medicare allow total joints in ASCs? Q&A with Drs. Barry Waldman, Derek Johnson
- 84% of medical personnel are unsure of MACRA's requirements, survey finds: 3 takeaways
- Healthcare plan vanishes from WhiteHouse.gov after President Donald Trump takes oath
- Christ Hospital's dispute with St. Elizabeth Healthcare over $24M ASC may wage on for years