IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter recognized for contributions to GERD care
IMA gastroenterologists Daniel B. Hurwich, MD; Peter Mavrelis, MD; Ahmad B. Shughoury, MD; and Kumar Venkat, MD, have collectively performed more than 250 transoral incisionless fundoplication procedures.
The physicians perform procedures at IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter in Merrillville. The surgery center operates under a co-management relationship with Methodist Hospitals. The acquisition and co-management agreement of the surgery center has allowed Methodist to increase its endoscopic procedure volume by more than 2,500 annual cases.
More articles on gastroenterology:
6 GI practices making headlines
Second chances: Would gastroenterologists still choose the same field?
76 gastroenterologist compensation statistics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Dolly Skeete joins Carolina Orthopedic & Sports Medicine: 5 key notes
- Big growth opportunities in the ASC space: Key thoughts from Nobilis Health Chairman Harry Fleming
- The changing principles of wound care
- Premiums go up, subsidized plan costs go down — 7 facts
- 5 key takeaways about the world's 1st Hepatitis D virus test