Home Fecal Immunochemical Test Detects 79% of Colorectal Cancers
The researchers found that the test is able to accurately detect 79 percent of colorectal cancers. In comparison fecal occult blood tests, the other at-home colorectal cancer test, detect 13 to 50 percent of colorectal cancers.
The researchers did not compare FIT with colonoscopy, so the question of whether or not FIT followed by colonoscopy should become the new standard screening method remains unanswered.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
8 Statistics on Irritable Bowel Disease
2014 CPT Code Update: GI/Endoscopy
6 Updates on Medicare & GI Reimbursement for Gastroenterologists to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Evaluating pain management protocols in the age of new patient care models
- Are more physician-owned hospitals on the horizon? Legislation introduced to lift the ban
- Trump plans to roll out healthcare plan in March — 4 points
- 10 most common sentinel events in Q2 2016
- Patient expectation correlates to physician antibodies prescribing patterns