Home Fecal Immunochemical Test Detects 79% of Colorectal Cancers
The researchers found that the test is able to accurately detect 79 percent of colorectal cancers. In comparison fecal occult blood tests, the other at-home colorectal cancer test, detect 13 to 50 percent of colorectal cancers.
The researchers did not compare FIT with colonoscopy, so the question of whether or not FIT followed by colonoscopy should become the new standard screening method remains unanswered.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
8 Statistics on Irritable Bowel Disease
2014 CPT Code Update: GI/Endoscopy
6 Updates on Medicare & GI Reimbursement for Gastroenterologists to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know
- Is the VA lacking resources or funding less critical areas? 6 insights
- Dr. Kenneth Chang performs 1st TIF procedure using new EsophyX Z device: 6 things to know