Global colonoscopy device market to grow to $2B by 2021 at 5% CAGR: 3 insights
London-based Technavio projects the global colonoscopy device market will grow to $2 billion by 2021 at an approximately 5 percent compound annual growth rate.
Here's what you should know.
1. Guidelines from healthcare organizations and the emergence of minimally invasive surgeries will drive market growth.
2. Large tier-1 vendors and medium tier-2/tier-3 vendors make up the complete market. Product launches dictate the market with vendors competing on pricing, product differentiation, capital support and distribution partnerships.
3. Technavio identified five leading vendors in the device market:
- Marlborough, Mass.-based Boston Scientific
- Tokyo-based Fujifilm Holdings
- Tokyo-based HOYA Corporation
- Tuttlingen, Germany-based Karl Storz
- Tokyo-based Olympus
More articles on gastroenterology:
Does Endocuff increase adenoma detection rate? 5 study insights
GI leader to know: Dr. Sheila Crowe of UC San Diego
Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates connects to Georgia Health Information Network: 3 insights
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CDC chief fears deadly Candida auris could spread: 6 notes
- Survey says 33% of providers using telehealth services
- Payer group advocates for continuing cost sharing reductions — 4 key notes
- The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety adds associate editors
- Northwest Ohio Orthopedics & Sports Medicine opening surgery center: 4 key notes