GI in the News: 6 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
The Colon Cancer Alliance granted Marios Giannakis, MD, PhD, its first ever Blue Hope Research Awards. The award will provide him with funding to further his research on personalized care for colorectal cancer patients.
The family of Eugene Greenberg, MD, has given Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Ill., a $1 million gift to honor his career. The donation will be used to establish the Dr. Eugene Greenberg Institute for Digestive Health.
Pharmaceutical contract research organization WCCT Global appointed John Hong, MD, MBA, as its head of GI Clinical Research.
Thomas Malloy, MD, joined Essentia Health-Duluth (Minn.) Clinic.
Justin Marasigan, DO, joined Grays Harbor Community Hospital in Aberdeen, Wash.
Jonathan Sternlieb, MD, FACG, has been selected as the chief medical information officer of Abington (Pa.) Health.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
5 Physicians on ADR, Standard Colonoscopy, Cost Savings & More
Lightning Quick Turnover Time & Effective Case Scheduling: Lessons From a High-Volume Endoscopy Center
Reimbursement Pressure: Will Gastroenterologists Stop Accepting Medicare & Medicaid Patients?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs
- 5 trends in the surgery center & emergency center markets
- NeuroSpine Institute of Orlando’s Global Microsurgical Center of Orlando receives accreditation: 5 key notes
- Australia awards 1st patent for MRSA detection technology: 5 key points