GI in the News: 5 Gastroenterologists Making Headlines
Brian Cross, MD, joined the gastroenterology department at Cooper Clinic in Fort Smith, Ark.
Jeffrey Glen, MD, PhD, an associate professor of gastroenterology, hepatology, microbiology and immunology, will lead the development of a new Center of Excellence for Translational Research at Stanford (Calif.) Medicine.
SSM Health Care-St. Louis Physicians' Organization named Stephen Nicholas, MD, vice president of medical affairs. Dr. Nicholas has also served as director of gastroenterology and medical director informatics at St. Mary's Health Center.
Matthew Wyneski, MD, a board-certified pediatric gastroenterologist joined Akron (Ohio) Children's pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition division.
Salam Zakko, MD, and his team at Connecticut Gastroenterology Institute and Connecticut Clinical Research Foundation at Bristol (Conn.) Hospital received an award of distinction for a research poster on antibiotic therapy in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. The poster was presented during Digestive Disease Week in May.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Mayo Clinic Wins Award for Cologuard: 5 Things to Know
11 GI-Driven ASCs & Facilities Opened in 2014
Island Digestive Health Center Opens in New York: 5 Things to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes