GI in the News: 5 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
Victor Araya, MD, joined the Doylestown (Pa.) Hospital team. He will practice in the hospital's gastroenterology department in association with Central Bucks Specialists.
Brian Bosworth, MD, has been elected president of the New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Dr. Bosworth is also the Anne and Ken Estabrook Clinical Scholar in Gastroenterology and an associate professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York.
Mitchell Cohen, MD, has been elected the physician-in-chief of Children's Alabama and named chair of the pediatrics department of the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine.
The American Gastroenterological Association granted Howard L. Taubin, MD, Bridgeport (Conn.) Hospital board of directors chairman, the 2014 AGA Distinguished Clinician Award for outstanding leadership and excellence in gastroenterology.
Duane Webb, MD, joined Olympic Medical Physicians, a division of Olympic Medical Center in Port Angeles, Wash.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Legislators Send Letter to President Obama Calling for Medicare Colonoscopy Cost-Sharing Reform
2 Gastroenterologists on the Best GI Practice Marketing Ideas
12 Points on Endoscope Reprocessing in ASCs: Compliance, Efficiency & Choosing the Right System
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Tenet ambulatory net operating revenue totals $442M in Q2; Physicians Endoscopy appoints Guidon Partners Founder Greg Roth to board of directors & more — 5 key notes on ASC management companies
- Dr. Richard Vazquez on his patient-focused app to improve the surgical safety process and more
- Dr. Andrew J. Cole on taking a comprehensive and systematic approach to medicine
- Dr. Mukadder Ozcan joins OU Physicians: 5 things to know
- 5 key trends on how Americans spend on healthcare