GI Diseases in the U.S.: $142B in Direct, Indirect Costs
• Hospitalizations and mortality associated with C. difficile infections have doubled in the last decade.
• Colorectal cancer is the leading cause of GI-related mortality.
• In 2009, 6.9 million upper endoscopies, 11.5 million lower endoscopies and 228,000 biliary endoscopies were performed.
• In 2009, outpatient GI endoscopy examinations reached a total cost of $32.4 billion.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
U.S. Endoscopy Releases New Snare
How Will Bundled Payments Affect GI? 3 Gastroenterologists Chime In
Colorectal Cancer Following Colonoscopy: 5 Things to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Somnia Anesthesia releases resource paper on management models: 3 things to know
- 5 healthcare technology trends taking center stage in 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Kumar Gutta of Gastroenterology Associates of North Texas
- Southeastern Interventional Pain Associates accredited by AAAHC: 3 things to know
- Sentara BelleHarbour building new ASC — Groundbreaking expected in March 2017