Gastroenterology in the News: 38 Physician Moves & Honors
John I. Allen began his term as the new president of the American Gastroenterological Association at the close of Digestive Disease Week in Chicago.
The American Gastroenterological Association granted nine gastroenterologists with its AGA 2014 recognition award. The following are award recipients:
• Gary W. Falk, MD, MS, AGAF: Distinguished Clinician Award
• Gregory J. Gores, MD, AGAF: Distinguished Mentor Award
• Joseph C. Kolars, MD, AGAF: Distinguished Educator Award
• Nicholas F. LaRusso, MD, AGAF: Julius Friedenwald Medal
• Robert S. Sandler, MD, MPH, AGAF: Distinguished Mentor Award
• Jose Serrano, MD, PhD: Research Service Award
• Nicholas J. Talley MD, PhD, AGAF: Distinguished Educator Award
• Howard L. Taubin, MD: Distinguished Clinician Award
• John A. Williams, MD, PhD: Distinguished Achievement Award
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy granted 26 physicians awards during its ASGE Crystal Awards ceremony held during Digestive Disease Week. Award recipients include:
• Jun-Hyung Cho, MD: Endoscopic Audiovisual Award
• Jun-Ho Choi, MD: Cook Medical Dreyer Award
• Alison de Lima, MD: Diversity Award
• Ashley L. Faulx, MD, FASGE: Distinguished Educator Award
• Khean-Lee Goh, MD, FASGE: International Service Award
• Ikuo Hirano, MD: Endoscopic Research Award
• Shahzad Iqbal, MD: Cook Medicla Don Wilson Award
• Tonya R. Kaltenbach, MD, FASGE: Distinguished Educator Award, Endoscopic Audiovisual Award
• Scott A. Larson, MD, PhD: ASGE Community Outreach Award
• John J. Meenan, MD, PhD, FRCPI, FRCP: Endoscopic Audiovisual Award
• Klaus E. Mönkemüller, MD, PhD, FASGE: Endoscopic Research Award
• Salman Nusrat, MD: Quality Endoscopic Research Award
• Mohamed Othman, MD: Diversity Award
• Daniel Popa, MD: Cook Medical Don Wilson Award
• Gottumukkala S. Raju, MD, FASGE: Distinguished Service Award
• Chirag Shah, MD: Cook Medical Don Wilson Award
• Prateek Sharma, MD: Distinguished Endoscopic Mentoring Award
• Jerome H. Siegl, MD, FASGE: Rudolf V. Schindler Award
• Vikesh Singh, MD, MSc: Endoscopic Research Award
• Roy M. Soetikno, MD, FASGE: Master Endoscopist Award
• Shou Jiang Tang, MD, FASGE: Endoscopic Audiovisual Award
• Anthony Teoh, MD: Endoscopic Research Award
• George Triadafilopoulos, MD, DSs, FASGE: President's Award
• Hank S. Wang, MD: Outstanding Manuscript Award
• Ping-Hong Zhou, MD: Cook Medical Dreyer Award
• Tobias Zuchelli, MD: ASGE Community Outreach Award
Victor Araya, MD, associated with Central Bucks Specialists, joined the Doylestown (Pa.) Hospital.
Colorectal surgeons Robert Akbari, MD, and Richard Goldstein, MD, joined the Doylestown (Pa.) Hospital team.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
How Can Gastroenterologists Become Business Leaders in the GI Field?
4 ‘Ps’ of Effective GI Practice Marketing From the ASGE
Digestive Endoscopy Center Wins Integrity Award
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.