Gastroenterologist on the Move: Dr. Magdalena Averhoff Appointed to Florida Board of Medicine
Gastroenterologist Magdalena Averhoff, MD, associate chief medical officer of Jackson South Community Hospital in Miami, has been appointed to the Florida Board of Medicine, according to a South Florida Hospital News report.
Her appointment came from Florida Gov. Rick Scott.
Dr. Averhoff was in private practice in Miami for 23 years. She focused on clinical and endoscopic gastroenterology. She has served as the medical director of hospitalist service at Jackson Memorial Hospital and was a board member of Hospital Corporation of America in Tennessee, among other positions.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers