Gastroenterologist on the Move: Dr. Joseph Schmer Joins WA's Yakima Gastroenterology Associates
Joseph Schmer, MD, has been hired by Memorial Physicians in Yakima, Wash., as a physician at Yakima Gastroenterology Associates, according to a Yakima Herald-Republic report.
He comes to Yakima Gastroenterology Associates after working as director of endoscopy at Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in Cooperstown, N.Y.
Dr. Schmer, who is dual board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology, received his MD from Universite Catholique De Louvain in Belgium, completed his residency at Maimonidas Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., and his fellowship in gastroenterology at Mount Sinai Services City Hospital in Elmhurst, N.Y.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About