Gastroenterologist on the Move: Dr. David Kawatu Joins UC Davis Health System
Pediatric gastroenterologist David Kawatu, MD, has joined the faculty of the UC Davis School of Medicine in Sacramento, Calif., according to a news release.
He will serve as chief of the section of pediatric gastroenterology in the department of pediatrics.
Dr. Kawatu comes to UC Davis from Hasbro Children's Hospital/Brown University in Providence, R.I., where he served as associate director of pediatric gastroenterology. He also was the director of the pediatric gastroenterology fellowship training program at Brown University.
Dr. Kawatu specializes in treating a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions including abdominal pain, gastrointestinal reflux disease, Crohn's disease, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis and celiac disease. He also specializes in rehabilitating children who are malnourished and treating children who require gastrointestinal feeding tubes and intravenous nutrition.
He completed his medical training at the University of Zambia School of Medicine in Lusaka, Zambia, completed his residency at the State University of New York Health Science Center and a fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition at the Brown Alpert School of Medicine and Rhode Island Hospital.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Physicians Endoscopy Names Rodger Baca Chief Development OfficerRead Now
- Mary Beth Briscoe, Michael Dewerff, and Ben Dunford to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- Colonoscopies in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Saving Lives Through Increased Screening and Advances in Technology
- "Running an Effective In-House Business Office"
- Pain Management Implications in the ASC Setting
- 5 Exciting Presentations at Becker's Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference