Gastroenterologist Dr. Thomas Sherman Wins State Rep for NH District
Gastroenterologist Tom Sherman, MD, has won one of the two open seats in New Hampshire's Rockingham County state representative District 24 race, according to a Seacoast Online report.
This was Dr. Sherman's first run for office.
Dr. Sherman moved to Rye, N.H., in 2008 and now works part time at Exeter Hospital, according to his bio. He previously practiced gastroenterology in Northern Virginia for 14 years and served as medical staff president and on the board of trustees of Fauquier Hospital.
Dr. Sherman received his MD from University of Connecticut School of Medicine. He then completed an internship, residency and fellowship in gastroenterology at Barnes Hospital at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
GI physician leader to know: Dr. Brett Bernstein of Mount Sinai Beth IsraelRead Now
- Beware of Your CPA’s Advice on Asset Protection: The Advice you Get May be Inaccurate
- Medical errors still a leading cause of death in America — 5 things to know
- Where is healthcare the cheapest? 5 cities
- CMS plans to change meaningful use — AMA says that's a good thing
- 8 gastroenterologist inventors