Gastroenterologist Dr. Thomas Sherman Wins State Rep for NH District
Gastroenterologist Tom Sherman, MD, has won one of the two open seats in New Hampshire's Rockingham County state representative District 24 race, according to a Seacoast Online report.
This was Dr. Sherman's first run for office.
Dr. Sherman moved to Rye, N.H., in 2008 and now works part time at Exeter Hospital, according to his bio. He previously practiced gastroenterology in Northern Virginia for 14 years and served as medical staff president and on the board of trustees of Fauquier Hospital.
Dr. Sherman received his MD from University of Connecticut School of Medicine. He then completed an internship, residency and fellowship in gastroenterology at Barnes Hospital at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
GI physician leader to know: Dr. Ronald Vender of Yale School of MedicineRead Now
- 15 eye centers achieve Cataract Innovator status
- Biggest hazards facing ASCs: 3 leaders share opinions
- 15 statistics on net worth for physicians: Orthopedics, urology, gastroenterology
- Johns Hopkins moves to stop procedures that are performed infrequently: 4 things to know
- Global ambulatory care services market expected to grow from 2015-2022: 4 things to know