Gastroenterologist Dr. Jerome Cohen Reelected Speaker of the Medical Society of the State of New York
Gastroenterologist Jerome Craig Cohen, MD, has been re-elected speaker of the Medical Society of the State of New York, according to a news release.
He was reelected at MSSNY's 206th annual House of Delegates meeting on April 21. His responsibilities include overseeing the policy-making business of the state's principal professional organization for physicians and emceeing its official events.
Dr. Cohen, who is board-certified in both internal medicine and gastroenterology, is an active staff physician at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, N.Y., as well as at United Health Services in Johnson City, N.Y. He is also clinical associate professor of medicine at the Binghamton campus of SUNY Upstate Medical Center.
Dr. Cohen earned his MD from Northwestern University Medical School and completed both his internship and residency training at Northwestern Medical Center in Chicago. He conducted further research with a fellowship in gastroenterology at Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The 5 Most Common Hiring Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- $20M Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute Opens in Nebraska
- Study: Full Contact Precautions as Effective Against MRSA as Gloves Alone
- Study: Shorter Hospital Stays Resulted From BMP in Lumbar Fusions
- FDA Approves Bausch + Lomb TRULIGN Astigmatism Correction Lens