Gary La Pelusa Association Names Dr. Anaaka Prakash 'Man of the Year'
The Gary La Pelusa Association in Bayonne, N.J., has named Anaaka Prakash, MD, as its 2013 Man of the Year, according to a report in The Jersey Journal. Dr. Prakash is a board-certified gastroenterologist who serves as the director of the endoscopy department at Bayonne Medical Center. He has been an advocate for increasing funding, research, education and public outreach about colorectal screenings and gastrointestinal disorders.
The Gary La Pelusa Association is a civic organization created to inform the public, create a better quality of life and help others in need while recognizing those deserving individuals, according to the group's mission statement.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Drs. Rayees Nizam, Thomas Lee Join Associated Gastroenterologists of Central New York
5 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Plans
Colorectal Surgeon Dr. Jennifer Rea Joins Colorectal Surgical & Gastroenterology Associates
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About