Frontier Healthcare Holdings opened the Long Island Digestive Endoscopy Center in Suffolk County, N.Y. Here are five facts about Frontier Healthcare and the new GI-driven center.
1. Frontier Healthcare Holdings partnered with the physicians of Long Island Digestive Disease Consultants to open the ambulatory endoscopy center. Long Island Digestive Endoscopy Center saw its first patients on June 9. The center is Frontier's first in Suffolk County and the ninth in the state.
2. Long Island Digestive Endoscopy Center is a 10,000-square-foot facility located five miles away from the Long Island Digestive Disease Consultants office. The facility has five pre-operative beds, three procedure rooms and 10 recovery beds. The center is expected to handle 8,000 patients during its first year. Approximately 20 administrative staff, nurses and technicians will staff the center. In addition to offering a number of GI services, the center will maintain a program for reduced-charge colorectal cancer screenings for uninsured individuals
3. Frontier Healthcare will manage the endoscopy center. "Frontier is excited to continue its partnership with a leading group of gastroenterologists to help deliver best-in-class care to patients in the Suffolk community," Frontier Healthcare CEO Jordan Fowler said in the news release. As a part of its management services, the company will provide the center with operational, administrative, strategic and billing guidance.
4. "We have been developing this project for more than five years. Our goal has been to provide the safest, most comfortable and most medically advanced services to our patients," said medical director Eugene Coman, MD, in the news release. The facility is also designed to allow for future growth.
5. Frontier Healthcare's portfolio of endoscopy centers represents more than 100 physicians performing more than 100,000 annual procedures. Since the beginning of 2013, the company has opened five ASCs in New York.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
75 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors in 2014
Value-Based Payments: 6 Important Dates for Gastroenterologists to Know
Colonoscopy Facility Reimbursement: 2013 vs. 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.