Evidence-Based Medicine in Gastroenterology: 9 Quality Indicators for ERCP
Taskforce on Quality in Endoscopy.
1. Appropriate indication
2. Informed consent
3. Assessment of procedural difficulty
4. Prophylactic antibiotics
5. Cannulation rates (desired duct, use of precut)
6. Extraction of common bile duct stones
7. Biliary stent placement
8. Complete documentation
9. Complication rates: pancreatitis, bleeding, perforation and cholangitis
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
10 Statistics on GI/Endoscopy Revenue Per Case Across the US
6 Statistics on Liver Disease in the US
2014 CPT Code Update: GI/Endoscopy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
The Growing Role of Biologics in GastroenterologyRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers