Endoscopy & Gastroenterology Center Owner Sues Insurers Following Hepatitis C Outbreak
Courthouse News Service report.
Tonya Rushing filed the lawsuit in Clark County Court against Nevada Mutual Insurance, St. Paul Fire & Marine Insurance, US Fidelity and Guaranty Co., Travelers Indemnity and Evanston Insurance.
Ms. Rushing claims the insurers issued liability policies to the two surgery centers, and alleges that the policies obligated the insurers to defend various employees of the centers. She claims that each insurance company denied coverage due to a "lack of basis for establishing coverage," according to the report.
Ms. Rushing plead not guilty to federal charges of overbilling insurance companies. They were charged with conspiracy and 25 counts of healthcare fraud, according to the report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notesRead Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes