Drs. Richard Fedorak, Haili Wang Develop Urine Test for Detection of Colonic Polyps
Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News report.
Dr. Fedorak and Dr. Wang collaborated with the metabolomics group at the University of Alberta in Canada to develop the test, which is currently in beta testing.
The test is designed to detect both colorectal cancer and precancerous polyps. PolypDx has been found to have a sensitivity of 71 percent and specificity of 61 percent.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Creating an IBD Collaborative System of Care: 6 Key Elements From Dr. Vera Denmark
Dr. M. Babitha Reddy to Practice at New Mercy Family Medicine Clinic
5 Opportunities for GI Centers to Overcome Healthcare Reform Challenges
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies