Drs. Richard Fedorak, Haili Wang Develop Urine Test for Detection of Colonic Polyps
Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News report.
Dr. Fedorak and Dr. Wang collaborated with the metabolomics group at the University of Alberta in Canada to develop the test, which is currently in beta testing.
The test is designed to detect both colorectal cancer and precancerous polyps. PolypDx has been found to have a sensitivity of 71 percent and specificity of 61 percent.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Creating an IBD Collaborative System of Care: 6 Key Elements From Dr. Vera Denmark
Dr. M. Babitha Reddy to Practice at New Mercy Family Medicine Clinic
5 Opportunities for GI Centers to Overcome Healthcare Reform Challenges
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
9 Statistics on Gastroenterologist Compensation by LocationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers