Dr. Salam Zakko & Team Win Distinction Award for IBS Antibiotic Therapy Test
The poster was titled, "Criteria of a Lactulose Breath Test Highly Predictive of Response to Antibiotic Therapy in Patients with the Irritable Bowel Syndrome." The study outlined new criteria for interpreting a lactulose breath test and concluded that the test can predict with reasonable accuracy the response to antibiotic therapy in patients with irritable bowel syndrome.
Dr. Zakko is the executive director of the Connecticut Gastroenterology Institute and Clinical Research Foundation at Bristol Hospital.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:Physician, ASC & HOPD Payment: 24 Statistics on GI Biopsy Procedure Reimbursement
Colorectal Cancer Screening Cost-Effective for Older Adults: 6 Things to Know
Criscot Launches Disposable Suppository Applicator
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes