Dr. Ronald Vender Elected President of ACG
Ronald J. Vender, MD, FACG, has been elected the 2012-2013 president of the American College of Gastroenterology, according to a news release (pdf).
Dr. Vender officially assumed this position during ACG's 77th Annual Scientific Meeting, held this week in Las Vegas.
In his role as president, Dr. Vender will direct ACG's programs, policies involving national and state medical affairs, managed care issues and clinical investigation.
He currently serves as professor of internal medicine and associate dean for clinical affairs at Yale School of Medicine and chief medical officer of the Yale Medical Group.
Dr. Vender received his MD from Yale School of Medicine and then completed a residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Cahaba GBA to cover EndoGastric Solutions' TIF procedure: 4 important takeawaysRead Now
- Undocumented immigrants could receive Medi-Cal under proposed California healthcare law: 7 key points
- Zacks upgrades HealthSouth stock to "buy" — 5 things to know
- Dr. Nameer Haider to open NY ASC: 5 things to know
- NESS Plastic Surgery Center gets accreditation — 5 things to know
- Virginia Health Information publishes new quality measures: 4 things to know