Dr. Ronald Vender Elected President of ACGGastroenterology and Endoscopy
Ronald J. Vender, MD, FACG, has been elected the 2012-2013 president of the American College of Gastroenterology, according to a news release (pdf).
Dr. Vender officially assumed this position during ACG's 77th Annual Scientific Meeting, held this week in Las Vegas.
In his role as president, Dr. Vender will direct ACG's programs, policies involving national and state medical affairs, managed care issues and clinical investigation.
He currently serves as professor of internal medicine and associate dean for clinical affairs at Yale School of Medicine and chief medical officer of the Yale Medical Group.
Dr. Vender received his MD from Yale School of Medicine and then completed a residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
3 GI/endoscopy coding & billing tipsRead Now
- Qui tam suits on the rise emphasizes need for ASC compliance plans
- To prevent patient leakage, turn to technology
- Real estate considerations for ASCs
- The Amazon.com for ASCs: Using collaborative consumption to improve the bottom line
- Lolo Jones shares lessons for overcoming failure at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting