Dr. Ronald Vender Elected President of ACG
Ronald J. Vender, MD, FACG, has been elected the 2012-2013 president of the American College of Gastroenterology, according to a news release (pdf).
Dr. Vender officially assumed this position during ACG's 77th Annual Scientific Meeting, held this week in Las Vegas.
In his role as president, Dr. Vender will direct ACG's programs, policies involving national and state medical affairs, managed care issues and clinical investigation.
He currently serves as professor of internal medicine and associate dean for clinical affairs at Yale School of Medicine and chief medical officer of the Yale Medical Group.
Dr. Vender received his MD from Yale School of Medicine and then completed a residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Related Articles on Gastroenterologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Making the most of 2015: New Year’s resolutions in GIRead Now
- Making GI dollars stretch further than ever: Insight into financial & operational efficiency
- 7 must-reads on hepatitis C treatments
- 5 portfolio-enhancing healthcare mutual funds from Zacks
- Leading effectively through tough times: 7 tips
- FDA appoints Dr. Padma Gulur to the Pharmacy Compounding Advisory Committee