Dr. Michael Brunt Elected SAGES President
elected the new president of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons.
Dr. Brunt is the director of the Minimally Invasive Fellowship Program and co-director of Washington University Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery in St. Louis. Dr. Brunt has been a member of SAGES since 1992 and served on its board since 2006.
Brian J. Dunkin, MD, FACS, has been elected president-elect of SAGES. Dr. Dunkin is head of the section of endoscopic surgery at Methodist Hospital Research Institute in Houston. He also serves as the medical director of the Methodist Institute for Technology, Innovation and Education.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Frontier Healthcare Opens Long Island Digestive Endoscopy Center: 5 Insights
AGA Technology Summit: 4 Key Takeways
Colonoscopy Facility Reimbursement: 2013 vs. 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Dr. Kevin Byrne honored by Lake Regional Health SystemRead Now
- All in good "measure" – Don't forget 2015 PQRS cross cutting measures for anesthesiology and pain management
- Patients want to cost-compare with healthcare, but are they actually doing it? 5 key notes
- Joint Commission releases health IT-focused sentinel event alert — 5 things to know
- Case Study: Upright Reflux Treatment with Stretta
- Olympus releases new scope reprocessing instructions, Valeant completes Salix acquisition & more – 5 GI/endoscopy company key notes