Dr. Lawrence R. Schiller Elected President of the American College of Gastroenterology
Dr. Schiller currently serves as the program director for the GI Fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas and practices at Digestive Health Associates of Texas, P.A. He received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia in 1972, completed his internship and residency and served as chief resident, at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia. He completed his gastroenterology fellowship training at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas and served as a Major in the U.S. Army as a physician from 1976-1978.
Related News Featuring the American College of Gastroenterology:
Study: Listening to Mozart While Performing Colonoscopy Might Boost Polyp Detection Rate
125 of the Leading Gastroenterologists in America
23% of Gastroenterologists Cannot Name Criteria for Diagnosing Barrett's Esophagus
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AAAHC selected to accredit more than 70 correctional health facilities: 4 insights
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brennan Spiegel of Cedars-Sinai
- First impressions matter — AGA shares 5 CV mistakes gastroenterologists should avoid
- Nate Silver: Republican healthcare bill unpopular: 5 insights
- Capital One closes $30.5M loan for medical office building acquisition: 4 insights