Dr. Brian Bosworth Named President of New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: 5 Things to Know
Brian Bosworth, MD, has been elected president of the New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Here are five things to know about Dr. Bosworth and the NYSGE.
1. Brian Bosworth, MD, is the Anne and Ken Estabrook Clinical Scholar in Gastroenterology and an associate professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York. He practices at the Jill Roberts Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
2. Dr. Bosworth follows Michelle K. Kim, MD, of Mount Sinai Medical Center, as president of the NYSGE. Adam Goodman, MD, of Belleview Hospital Center, serves as vice president.
3. Dr. Bosworth is the director of the gastroenterology fellowship program at Weill Cornell. He is a member of the education committee for the American College of Gastroenterology and Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.
4. The NYSGE is celebrating its 40th anniversary. Eight gastroenterologists founded the organization in 1974. The NYSGE now has more than 300 members and 200 fellows. Each year, the organization grants the $10,000 Florence Lefcourt Award for endoscopic research and community outreach initiatives.
5. The NYSGE is actively involved the New York City campaign against colorectal cancer, a New York Department of Health initiative.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Are Gastroenterologists Embracing Price Transparency?
Carnegie Hill Endoscopy Named First Fuse Endoscopy System Center of Excellence: 5 Things to Know
Gastroenterology in the News: 38 Physician Moves & Honors
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ASGE wins ASAE Award for ambassador programRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why