Do Gastroenterologists Discuss Cost of Care With Patients? 4 Statistics
Here are four statistics on how gastroenterologists approach the cost of care discussion with patients, according to Medscape's Gastroenterologist Compensation Report: 2013.
• Occasionally discuss costs, if patients ask: 50 percent
• Regularly discuss costs with patients: 28 percent
• Never discuss cost because the costs are not know: 9 percent
• Never discuss cost because it seems inappropriate: 5 percent
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Mayo Clinic Health System Adds Dr. Christian Mendez
4 Things to Know about Racial Disparity in Colorectal Cancer Treatment
Top 10 Issues in Gastroenterology for 2013
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
AGA Calls for More Transparency From CMSRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers