Colon Cancer Survivors Flock to Capitol Hill to Protest Medicare Colonoscopy Cost-Sharing Policy
The American Cancer Society played a key role in organizing the group. The advocacy group is pushing for legislation backed by Representative Charlie Dent (R-PA) and Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) that would eliminate the cost-sharing policy.
Unlike Medicare, polypectomy does not generally put co-pays into play for screening colonoscopies under private health insurance.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Does Hot Snare Polypectomy Trump Cold Snare?
Is CRC Colonoscopy Cost-Effectiveness Sustainable?
8 ASC Industry Gastroenterologist Leaders to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Legislators advocate for vaccines as debate over effectiveness takes center stage
- GI leader to know: Dr. Sam Moussa of Adobe Gastroenterology
- Woodland Hills Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 key notes
- Vision Eye Center acquires Virginia eye care practice: 3 key notes
- 5 ways CMS changes are affecting reimbursement for ASCs, anesthesia practices and providers