Colon Cancer Survivors Flock to Capitol Hill to Protest Medicare Colonoscopy Cost-Sharing Policy
The American Cancer Society played a key role in organizing the group. The advocacy group is pushing for legislation backed by Representative Charlie Dent (R-PA) and Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) that would eliminate the cost-sharing policy.
Unlike Medicare, polypectomy does not generally put co-pays into play for screening colonoscopies under private health insurance.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Does Hot Snare Polypectomy Trump Cold Snare?
Is CRC Colonoscopy Cost-Effectiveness Sustainable?
8 ASC Industry Gastroenterologist Leaders to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Dr. Michael Pezzone returns to River Valley PhysiciansRead Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes