Clinical Genomics launches blood-based colorectal cancer test: 5 things to know
Bridgewater, N.J.-based Clinical Genomics launched Colvera, a blood-based test for colorectal cancer recurrence monitoring.
Here's what you need to know.
1. Colvera is a qualitative test that indicates the presence or absence of two genes associated with CRC.
2. The test measures methylation in circulating tumor DNA.
3. In a study in Cancer Medicine Colvera detected two times the number of recurrence cases that carcinoembryonic antigen testing did, the standard test used.
4. CEO of Clinical Genomics Lawrence LaPointe, PhD, said Colvera can provide physicians with actionable information that could lead to improved outcomes.
5. Clinical Genomics is pursuing several research-based collaborations with leading academic and private cancer centers to expand the uses of Colvera.
More articles on gastroenterology/endoscopy:
Which lifestyle factors are associated with serrated colorectal polyps? 5 study insights
GI leader to know: Dr. Maurizio Bonacini of Sutter Health
Huntsman Cancer Institute awarded $8.8M to find out how lifestyle impacts colon, rectal cancer outcomes: 5 key notes
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader