Brier Creek ASC to Trial Fluid Management System for Endoscopic Procedures: 5 Things to Know
trial Skyline Medical's STREAMWAY Fluid Waste Management System. Here are five things to know about Skyline Medical's system.
1. The STREAMWAY Fluid Management System is a FDA-cleared waste fluid disposal system designed to eliminate staff exposure to blood and irrigation fluid. The system fully automates the process of collecting, measuring and disposing of waste fluids.
2. "We are finding that the higher rate of minimally invasive endoscopic procedures, driven by an aging population, are leading medical facilities to explore ways to reduce healthcare costs and maximize the value of endoscopy departments," said Skyline Medical CEO Josh Kornberg in a news release. The system aims to help ASCs and other healthcare facilities reduce overhead costs, improve regulatory compliance and improve operating room efficiency.
3. "We are pleased that Brier Creek Ambulatory Surgery Center has chosen to trial the latest model of the STREAMWAY System," said Mr. Kornberg in the news release. Brier Creek ASC is affiliated with Duke University Healthcare System, based in Durham, N.C.
4. In 2013, Skyline Medical signed an agreement to install 20 STREAMWAY systems in ASCs across the country. The company signed an agreement with an organization that partners with physicians on physician-owned ASCs. The company already has a presence in 20 states and more than 120 surgical facilities.
5. The STREAMWAY system is also being trialed in the radiology department at Beverly Hospital in Montebello, Calif. "Radiology and endoscopy departments are two of our key target markets and we continue to remain focused on growing our profile in these areas throughout 2014," said Mr. Kornberg in the news release.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
11 Years of Colonoscopy Utilization & Outcomes: 7 Things to Know
GI in the News: 5 Gastroenterologists Making Headlines
Reimbursement, Thriving in the Age of Accountable Care & More: Q&A With AGA Institute President Dr. John Allen
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Meriter-UnityPoint now offers Cologuard for CRC screeningRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting