Baltimore VA Medical Center Participates in Colorectal Cancer Screening Strategy Study
The Department of Veteran Affairs has decided to conduct a randomized, multi-center study compromising 50,000 veterans at more than 40 VA medical centers across the nation to determine which screening strategy is best — the "FIT kit" approach, which consists of annual stool tests that accurately detect microscopic blood or the colonoscopy.
Baltimore VA Medical Center has currently enrolled more than 20 veterans.
More Articles on Gastroenterology Studies:Fight Colorectal Cancer Highlights 2012 Research
Study: Breath Test Could Help Diagnose Colorectal Cancer
Mayo Clinic Study Questions National Benchmarks for Discovering Polyps
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- SourceMed, Change Healthcare partner on outpatient medical billing services: 5 key points
- Change Healthcare and SourceMed partner in order to create integrated billing solutions for outpatient providers
- 5 risks ASC owners face when they don't have a succession plan
- 5 things to know about AAAHC's Dr. Arnaldo Valedon
- Global capsule endoscopy market to grow at CAGR 14.8% until 2020: 5 trends